SINGLE TRACK ARIZONA RIDERS
FOUNDATION COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIPS
We offer scholarships of up to $5,000 for Arizona high school seniors enrolled and active in the Arizona NICA League. Winners must demonstrate leadership, character, and communication skills on and off the mountain bike, strong academic achievement, and a commitment to serving the local community.
Scholars have access to professionals and educators within our group as mentors and for advice about their higher education choices.
Single Track Arizona Riders Foundation Scholar candidates must:
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership, character, communication skills, academic achievement, and philanthropic experience.
- Demonstrate strong academic performance (minimum 3.0 PA).
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Graduating from a high school in Arizona during current academic school year
- Plan to enroll full-time in an accredited two- or four-year college or university in the U.S. (Some non-U.S. schools may also qualify.)
- Be an active, “ride and race ready” Arizona high school NICA (National Interscholastic Cycling Association) participant.
- Race in least two Arizona NICA League races in the current academic year.
- Basic information about you, your high school, and your college plans
- Your involvement in extracurricular activities in school and outside of school
- Your involvement in community service
- Your involvement in paid work
- Any information about your involvement in the Arizona NICA League
- Short essay on a pivotal leadership experience
- Your high school transcripts (semifinalists only)
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher/councilor and one from a current coach that is registered and green checkmarked in the AZ NICA Pit Zone system (semifinalists only)